Whiteboard.fi #7

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically Whiteboard.fi in the RQ2 technologies list. We have been talking about the PICRAT model in class. I believe that Whitboard.fi amplifies and is interactive because it gives the teacher the ability to graph and use other tools that would be more time consuming and difficult to use on a real whiteboard. It is interactive because students can interact with each other with their whiteboards. Whiteboard.fi is an online tool that allows teachers to create a virtual classroom where they can share a digital whiteboard with their students. Teachers can create lessons so that students can collaborate in real-time in the classroom or from home.


This is an example of some of the things you can do on Whiteboard.fi. On the left you can see the teacher whiteboard and on the right there are student whiteboards.

The ease of use for this website is great! It was very easy to create a whiteboard class on the teacher side and easy for students to type in the classroom code or scan the QR code.

I think this website isn't super versatile because it really only accomplishes one thing, but I still think it is a great interactive tool for students.

I personally don't think I would use this website in my classroom just because I would rather use real whiteboards than the computer version. I also worry depending on the age of the students that they may get distracted or put inappropriate content on their whiteboards. I think it is good tool if you need to virtually share information, but not as much in the classroom.

Website: https://whiteboard.fi/

Comments

  1. Hi Emily,
    Great post! Whiteboard.fi seems like it would be a good tool. I think it would be a good tool for online based assignments and classes. I agree with you that students could get distracted or put inappropriate content on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I like this technology for its collaborative nature and creativeness, as you described in the post. I would definitely use this in my future classroom! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily,
    This is a great post about Whiteboard. I really appreciate you including the video and images of it as well. I also appreciate your thought of the versatility being limited, its great insight for other users.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Emily,
    I have to say I love how you made the connection to PICRAT within the first paragraph and gave a good reason to how it connects to the framework, the information on the tool itself was very knowledgeable and fun to learn about, seems like a tool that would be very effective in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

emaze.com #11

Nearpod #6

Flipgrid #4