Pixton.com #10

This blog entry is about a tool of my own interest from the list of Learning- Creative Technologies provided by Dr. Wang. I chose the website Pixton.com. In class we discussed the C of TLC which is Creative. We also talked about PICRAT and I believe this website would be considered Amplifies and Creative. I think this because it allows students to be creative with their Avatars while advancing their learning because they are more engaged and interested. 

Pixton is a website that allows students to create their own avatars and use them to complete assignments. There are options to create comics and a class photo with everyone’s avatar. I believe this would be a fun activity to do at the beginning of the year. It also has a spot where you can look at different lesson plans and assessments that include the avatars.

This is an example of the avatar I created for myself. When I created my account, I signed up as a teacher.
The website has many options for diversity as well. It has a large variety of options for each category and also has wheelchairs and hearing aids. It also has the option to make your avatar non-binary.

I believe this website is very easy to use. Immediately when you create your account it asks if you want to create your avatar. After that is nicely lays out the different options the website has.

The versatility of this website is also great because it has so many options of lesson plans that you can use. It asks what grade and subject you teach and then gives ideas specific to what you need. It also has a section for assessments.

I think there is a great chance that I will use this in my classroom because I think it is a very fun way to engage the students in learning. I would highly recommend looking into this website!


Comments

  1. Hi Emily! This seems like a really fun and engaging tool. I like that you tied it back to our PICRAT framework as well. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, Pixton seems very interactive and fun to utilize in the classrooms. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

emaze.com #11

Nearpod #6

Flipgrid #4