Flipgrid #4

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically Flipgrid in the Microsoft Technologies list. Flipgrid is a tool that allows teachers and students to create and share short video responses to prompts or questions. It is a virtual video discussion board where everyone in the class can participate and share their thoughts and ideas!

Create group and share link with students

Students can record and respond to each other.

I found this website to be very easy to use. You simply hit record and post a video response to a topic or question. The only problem could be students running into issues with getting their technology to record.

I think this tool has a lot of versatility. It can be used for introducing students to each other, as a homework assignment, assessment, etc. It is nice that students have the ability to respond to their classmates.

 I think the likelihood of using this tool in my classroom is fairly low. I think it is a great resource, but I think it was more useful during COVID-19 times due to lack of in person class. I would prefer talking in class about these questions or topics rather than video form.










Comments

  1. Hello Emily- I loved this tool as it incorporates visual learning! I believe this tool allows for variety in the way that students can have discussions, which is great. I see your point about how this tool may not be as useful for you now that school is no longer primarily online. I appreciate how you pointed out that the technology needs to work in order for this tool to be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

emaze.com #11

Nearpod #6